The author, a writer, decided to thank all the people who contributed to his morning cup of coffee. He found there were MANY, so he limited it to one thousand. He called many people and even travelled out of the country. Gratitude is something we probably don’t think about very often, but especially in our globally connected world, there are many people to be thanked. It is an eye-opening project.
1. What did the author hope that this project would do for him?
2. How did an attorney in Seattle figure into this project?
3. Were all the people thanked receptive to the sentiment?
4. Were all the contributions positive?
5. What advice did the author get about charitable giving?
6. Did anything in this story surprise you?