Money On Purpose by Shayna Lear
The author is a Certified Financial Planner. She is also a Christian. The subtitle of the book is "Finding A Faith-filled Balance". It was refreshing to read a book where the author did not call money "evil". What it causes people to do can be evil, but money itself is just an object. Much of the information she gives, you may already know. But it is a good refresher. And she talks about the four purposes of money: spending, saving, giving and investing. The last section is about the Financial Perspective Personalties. Yes, there is a test to determine which personality you have and the pros and cons of each. The information was not new, but I found the book very enjoyable.
1. Is money management a spiritual issue?
2. How important is it to have the various purposes of money in balance?
3. How important are relationships to money management?
4. What are the pros and cons of the saving personality?
5. In some couples, one person handles the money and the other just spends it. Do you know how your money comes and goes?